Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking a Toolroom Machinist to
strengthen our team.
Key Skill for this role
- Skills and experience in the use of CNC vertical milling machines,
specifically Haas to make tooling components from supplied 2D or 3D data
(as appropriate). Our machines run using FeatureCam software so
familiarity with this is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the requirements of injection mould tools and progression
stamping dies to allow participation in tasks such as changing die inserts.
- The ability to correctly set up workpieces for CNC milling operations.
- Working knowledge of the uses and application of common tool steels.
- Accurate marking out and planning for the economical use of materials.
- Use of basic hand tools.
- Manual milling and turning operations.
Ideally trained with a City and Guilds or NVQ / BTEC level 2 apprenticeship or
The candidate must be willing to work with others in shift patterns between
06:00 hrs and 22:00 hrs.
A safe, clean, and modern working environment.
Varied working supporting both current production programme and new projects.
Approachable and flexible management style
Applications in writing along with CV to:
Louise Buck R.A. Labone & Co. Ltd.,
Lower Middleton Street,
Alternatively, you can apply by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.