We are recruiting for a NPI Project Engineer to support our current and new customers. Must have an understanding of the Injection Moulding and Metal Stamping processes fundamental to our operations. Job description can be found below. Please send your CV to email@example.com (no agencies).
|NPI Project Engineer
|Reporting Supervisor/Line Manager:
THE JOB ROLE
Overall Purpose and aims of Role
- To provide engineering input to the NPI activities.
- To manage assigned NPI projects.
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Providing technical support to the sales department
- Member of NPI team, contributing particularly in the following areas:
- Project Management.
- Design for manufacture.
- Manufacturing process design.
- Customer-facing engineering support.
- Tooling and Automation development & validation.
- Engineering Change control
- Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Primary internal and external engineering point of contact for assigned NPI projects.
- Creating and updating NPI timing plans and gateway trackers.
- Ensuring that assigned NPI engineering tasks are completed on time.
- The preparation of technical status and information reports as required.
- Preparation of necessary documentation (e.g., Feasibility Review, Run@Rate).
- Managing new tooling/automation trials and associated development to PPAP or equivalent.
- Managing and generating engineering change notes.
- Ensuring that applicable documented operating procedures are adhered to and suggesting improvements where appropriate.
- Liaison with internal and external sources to obtain any additional technical information required to provide accurate quotations.
- Providing technical support to Account Manager(s).
- Providing technical support for production.
Managing engineering-related continuous improvement activities
Main Qualifications Required (Where Applicable)
- Formal technical certificate to degree level or equivalent or
- a recognised trade apprenticeship with a minimum of 2 years technical based manufacturing experience ideally in an automotive or medical environment or
- a minimum of two years’ experience in an engineering role within a product design or production environment.
Skills & Attributes Required
- Understanding of the Injection Moulding and Metal Stamping processes fundamental to the Company’s operations.
- Familiarity with the Automotive and/or Medical NPI and product approval processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project.
- Basic working knowledge of Moldflow, AutoCad, SolidWorks or Visi systems (desirable).
- Confidence in production process problem solving; the ability to define technical problems and propose the necessary actions to resolve these.
- A “Team Player” but self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Ability to communicate proactively internally and externally across all areas of the business.
- Ability to work “Hands On” as well as managing others.
- Willing to approach others for advice and information.
- Good time management and organisational skills, with flexibility in working patterns to suit the business requirements.
- Customer-focussed whilst also being able to recognise when to say ‘No’.
- Willing to travel when required.